When the holiday season arrives many people have a major challenge when it comes being alone. The holidays always seem to conjure up images of family and friends, of sharing and warmth of this very special time of the year. The feeling of loneliness can be really be overwhelming when there is no one to share to share the holidays with.
So many individuals, however, totally miss the real point of what the holidays are all about and what really makes them so very special.
The Christmas holidays are not about what you get under the tree, it is what you GIVE. In fact there are many individuals that are under the false perception that the joy of Christmas holidays is all about what you receive and not about what you share.
They totally miss out on how our hearts are filled with love when we take part in giving and sharing love, rather than from just getting love.
These same individuals spend their energy and time trying to attention, love, and approval, thinking by doing this it will make them feel worthy and happy.
This is the same as devouring a box of chocolates when you are feeling lonely it’s a quick fix for the moment but it doesn’t last leaving you wanting more and more. If this scenario continues what you are left with is an addition.
There is only one thing that will really fill the emptiness and that is to give out love. So if you find yourself in the circumstance of being alone over the Christmas holidays – the real question that you should be asking yourself is, “how can I give love in special ways that it will ultimately bring me joy?”
Ways To Share Your Love And Caring When You Are Alone For The Holidays
Here are some suggestions you could implement for sharing your caring and love over the holidays:
- Gather toys frоm friends аnd store donations аnd bring thеm tо children whо wоuld nоt оthеrwіѕе hаvе toys. Yоu саn fіnd thеѕе children thrоugh schools, churches аnd various оthеr organizations.
- Fіnd a battered women’s shelter іn уоur area аnd help tо create thе holiday thеrе – preparing food, decorating thе tree, аnd just spending tіmе wіth thеm. Spend tіmе wіth old people іn nursing homes, especially thоѕе whо hаvе nо family. Spending tіmе caring аbоut аnоthеr lonely person wіll gо a lоng wау tоwаrd taking away уоur loneliness!
- Take some time out to volunteer to help with serving food to the needy over the holidays. During Thanksgiving and Christmas, many churches and charitable organizations welcome the help of volunteers in food lines over the holidays.
- Find a retreat center close to you that has a special event going on over the holidays and share your some of your time with other people who are also alone for the Christmas holidays.
- Find a church, temple, a homeless shelter, or 12-step group in your specific area that have special events over the holidays. Try to make it a point to attend some of these events with the prime intention of sharing your unique caring with others people. If you’re wondering how you can do this, it’s as simple as just being interested in genuinely listening to another person. We all need to be understood and love being listened to, and each and everyone of us has the capacity and capability to give this to another person.
Just because you may not have money to give, we all have an abundance of caring that we are able to give. You have absolutely no idea you could enrich your own life by just giving your own time, your understanding, your attention, your interest, and especially your smile.
No matter what your life circumstances may be, the one thing that you always have the opportunity to share and give is your caring and it’s totally FREE. You’ll find that when you are able to give your caring to others, especially during the Christmas holiday season, is the most profound way of caring for your own self.
Just type in the Search Box and you’ll get loads of ideas for gifts or decorations!
What can we Help You Find?
Show Me My Deals on Amazon Today
Show Me the 2021 Most Wanted Gifts List