Holidays are a perfect time to enjoy and chill out with families and friends. Parties with a wide variety of food on display may tempt to indulge. If you are the kind who swears by a fitness routine, you might tend to enjoy less of Christmas treats and spend more time worrying about the increasing waistline. With a bit of planning and willpower, you can still stay healthy and fit while enjoying some Christmas festivities. Follow your diet and stay in shape by following these tips:
- The holidays are just an excuse to go off track from your fitness program. The mindset of most people is that since we follow our fitness regime all week / month / year long, we can indulge in gorging over those cakes and ice creams. Aim to stay on track with your fitness program this holiday season. By skipping workouts, eating more, exercising less one tends to gain weight. It’s like going back where we started off from. Make a decision to stay in shape, even with all the food around you.
- The holidays are a hectic time for everyone. Our schedules go totally haywire. To stay on track, create a calendar listing down all the parties, dinners and so on. Include your workout times as well. Keep your calendar on the fridge or anywhere else where you are forced to look at it every day. This serves as a reminder to stick to your schedule.
- If you think you would like to lose 25 lbs during holidays despite enjoying a few parties here and there, set a goal right away and start working towards it.
- With so much lip smacking, yummy food all around, you will feel tempted to just give up your diet and your fitness program. Schedule your day to cheat around parties. Keep this day so you can treat yourself to whatever you want. Stick to your fitness program the rest of the days.
- If you skip one day of exercise, don’t get hung up on it. Get on with it the next day. Don’t let one day turn into 5 days.
- If you have planned a big dinner, you might tend to skip either morning or afternoon meal. Avoid changing your eating pattern. Treat the big dinner party at night just like regular dinner time and eat how much you would eat normally.
- Control food portion size in holidays. Eat your favorite foods in moderation. Overindulgence will show around your waistline.
- One always has choices, no matter where you are. Make the best possible choice based on the alternatives available in front of you. If it’s impossible, eat a small portion than a big one.
- Drink 8 – 10 glasses of water daily. Drink few glasses of water before dinner to control your appetite and not kill those hunger pangs. Drink water throughout the day to maintain a steady state of hydration.
There’s Only HOW Many Days Left Until Christmas?
Our Countdown To Christmas Clock Says….
Just type in the Search Box and you’ll get loads of ideas for gifts or decorations!
What can we Help You Find?